Dr. Radha Rama Devi is currently working as Consultant at Rainbow Childrens hospital and Dr. Reddy’s Institute of life sciences, University of Hyderabad.
• Area of special interest: Inborn Errors of Metabolism& Newborn Screening
• Experience in Medical/ Pediatric education: 42years of experiancein Pediatris and Clinical Research
• Publications: Eighty in National and International Journals
• Awards/ Recognitions:
• President Medal In MBBS
• Gold medal in Medicine
• British council Travel fellowship, UK.
• Life time Achievement award in Inborn errors of Metabolism by the Hyderabad branch of Indian academy of Paediatrics.
• Senior Women Bio-scientist: Department of Biotechnology, 2005, Government of
• Top 10 women in Medicine,2007
• Dr I.C.Verma Outstanding Researcher Award- 2018
• Sandor Oration Award- ISIEM,Pune,2019
• Started the first large scale New-born Screening in India.
• Promoted the importance and awareness regarding Inborn Errors of metabolism and
• The first Genetic testing in India televised in BBC’s “Tomorrows World”